août 5, 2018 par Nicole Guihaumé
Mon cher Bill,
David Kahn, lui, fait état de plus de 25000 lectures données par Cayce. Il y en a 14306 accessibles.où sont passées les 11000 manquantes ? My life with Edgar Cayce a été écrit en 1968, du vivant de Kahn, qui est décédé avant publication, comme ce fut aussi le cas de Starling. Son livre le montre fidèle à Cayce jusqu’à la fin, convaincu de la validité des lectures qu’il démontre de nombreuses façons, et il énonce que pour savoir, il faut demander. C’est le titre de son chapitre 10 : «To know…Ask !»
Quand, à la fin de la lecture 195-32, donnée le 27 août 1926, il évoque la fin de la prohibition, personne ne lui a rien demandé de tel, ce qui indique qu’il y attachait de l’importance. Ses mots «In the affairs of man many conditions will arise that will be very, very, strange to the world at present – in religion, in politics, in the moral conditions, and in the attempt to curb or to change such, see? For there will be set in motion [that indicating] when prohibition will be lost in America, see?» ne répondent à aucune question posée. Or la prohibition n’a été abolie que le 5 décembre 1933. S’il l’a abordée 7 ans plus tôt, vue la nature de cette mesure, et les enjeux qui lui sont liés, il devait en être question de façon récurrente. Il énonce volontiers que tout s’imprime dans les annales akashiques, aussi bien nos pensées que nos actions. C’est du reste la prise en compte de cet aspect qui justifie dans certaines lectures l’absence de conseil donné, malgré la demande précise formulée.
La lecture 1152-11 en est un exemple. C’était la 11° donc il y avait connaissance de part et d’autre. La consultante, Louise Chisholm demandait des directives pour changer complètement de vie, céder ses biens et s’inscrire dans un quotidien entièrement organisé autour de la spiritualité. Cayce affirme que c’est à elle de choisir et décrit le moment comme ponctué de changement en tous sens au niveau des groupes existants. Je te la reprends en entier parce que des aspects géologiques sont présents et que les rapports communiquent des éléments à ce sujet :
TEXT OF READING 1152-11 F 66 (Widow, Protestant, Writer)
This Psychic Reading given by Edgar Cayce at the office of the Association, Arctic Crescent, Virginia Beach, Va., this 13th day of August, 1941, in accordance with request made by the self – Mrs. , Associate Member of the Ass »n for Research & Enlightenment, Inc.
P R E S E N T
Edgar Cayce; Gertrude Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno. Mrs. .
R E A D I N G
Time of Reading 3:45 to 4:30 P. M. Eastern Standard Time. New York City.
1. GC: You will have before you the body and enquiring mind of , present in this room, who seeks information, advice and guidance as to her health, her life and work. Feeling that a new life of service to humanity is calling her, you will please give the entity definite information as to just what this work is, and where she should live in order to best carry out this work. The entity submits herself to these sources for guidance, being perfectly willing to give up all personal belongings and to follow in the way that HE leads. You will give the entity that needed in order to be in the right place and at her right work. Then you will answer the questions she submits, as I ask them:
2. EC: Yes, we have the body, the enquiring mind, , present in this room. This in part and in various phases we have had before.
3. As to counsel and advice, conditions that are existent and that are to be might well be given at this time to the entity. However, the choice as to place and activity should be within self. For, the individual entity is a free-willed individual. Circumstances, vibrations, individuals and varied activities alter those things to which the body does respond. And as there are changing conditions, changing in the group and the universal thought as in relation to those conditions to be met, all of these should be taken into consideration.
4. It is evident that there are strenuous conditions imminent in the affairs of the land, owing to thought as respecting the relationships in varied portions of the world.
5. And, as has been and is indicated, unusual combinations are being made; and those individual groups or nations that have heretofore manifested friendly or brotherly relationships are now soon to be as enemies.
6. It is self-evident that there will be the attempt to use a great deal of propaganda as regarding conditions in France, Italy, Germany, Russia, Spain, Norway, Turkey, the Holy Land and India.
7. A great number of individuals formulated into groups who have declared specific or definite policies will be questioned as to purpose and as to the ideal. Some of such will be drawn into coalition with questionable groups.
9. For, with those changes that will be wrought, Americanism – the ism – with the universal thought that is expressed and manifested in the brotherhood of man into group thought, as expressed by the Masonic Order, will be the eventual rule in the settlement of affairs in the world.
10. Not that the world is to become a Masonic order, but the principles that are embraced in same will be the basis upon which the new order of peace is to be established in ’44 and ’45.
11. When these things are considered, then, it is self-evident that individuals should be up and doing. Especially the entity, with its abilities, has definite work to do in the present.
12. The entity has the ability to work with or through individual groups – not as a propagandist, but – as has been so oft indicated – do not magnify the differences of various groups, but rather UNIFY the sameness as expressed in many of them that hold to the principles as given in Him.
13. For, the time is at hand when individuals who have – as this entity – seen and given so much, and experienced so much as to the meaning of the advent of the Son of man, the Prince of Peace, the Lord of Lords, the King of Kings, must now more than ever magnify and glorify Him in the relationships of individuals one to another.
14. There are so many groups that have such as a background, yet their working hypothesis, their working labels are under influences that belie that principle in its APPLICATION to individuals.
15. All of these should be taken into consideration by this entity; and its abilities as a speaker, its abilities as a writer should be directed in those conditions and affairs that will more and more unite seekers in every phase of life, in every position, in every portion of the country, to that standard set by Him. Not as in a church, not as in an ism or cult, but in that every soul does the best he can where he is – and all with one ideal: « I am my brother’s keeper – Christ the Lord is my brother! »
16. As to conditions in the geography of the world, of the country – changes here are gradually coming about.
17. No wonder, then, that the entity feels the need, the necessity for change of central location. For, many portions of the east coast will be disturbed, as well as many portions of the west coast, as well as the central portion of the U.S.
18. In the next few years lands will appear in the Atlantic as well as in the Pacific. And what is the coast line now of many a land will be the bed of the ocean. Even many of the battle fields of the present will be ocean, will be the seas, the bays, the lands over which the NEW order will carry on their trade as one with another.
19. Portions of the now east coast of New York, or New York City itself, will in the main disappear. This will be another generation, though, here; while the southern portions of Carolina, Georgia – these will disappear. This will be much sooner.
20. The waters of the lakes will empty into the Gulf, rather than the waterway over which such discussions have been recently made. It would be well if the waterway were prepared, but not for that purpose for which it is at present being considered.
21. Then the area where the entity is now located [Virginia Beach for rdg.] will be among the safety lands, as will be portions of what is now Ohio, Indiana and Illinois, and much of the southern portion of Canada and the eastern portion of Canada; while the western land – much of that is to be disturbed – in this land – as, of course, much in other lands. [See 4/61 EARTH CHANGES booklet report page 34 thru 36.]
22. Then, with the knowledge of these – first the principles, then the material changes.
23. The choice should be made by the entity itself as to location, and especially as to the active work.
24. To be SURE there is work to be done by the entity, DEFINITE work.
25. Join with all of those who declare that the Lord has come and that His day is again at hand.
26. Ready for questions.
27. (Q) Should this work start by early fall? (A) Start today!
28. (Q) I have for many months felt that I should move away from New York City. (A) This is well, as indicated. There is too much unrest; there will continue to be the character of vibrations that to the body will be disturbing, and eventually those destructive forces there – though these will be in the next generation.
29. (Q) Will Los Angeles be safe? (A) Los Angeles, San Francisco, most all of these will be among those that will be destroyed before New York even. [See 4/61 EARTH CHANGES booklet report pages 31-32.]
30. (Q) Should California or Virginia Beach be considered at all, or where is the right place that God has already provided for me to live? (A) As indicated, these choices should be made rather in self. Virginia Beach or the area is much safer as a definite place. But the work of the entity should embrace most all of the areas from the east to the west coast, in its persuading – not as a preacher, nor as one bringing a message of doom, but as a loving warning to all groups, clubs, woman’s clubs, writer’s clubs, art groups, those of every form of club, that there needs be – in their activities – definite work towards the knowledge of the power of the Son of God’s activity in the affairs of men.
31. (Q) Are there special groups with which I should become affiliated, in doing the work that God is urging His people to do now, impersonally? (A) Rather as indicated, use that wherein there is the likeness, see? Magnify those things that are the virtues in all, minimizing the faults that are there. Not as a member of a group. May be member of an organization, but rather than as a member of a group be a helpmeet to ALL groups!
As just indicated, clubs of every nature. Arouse them to THEIR abilities; by writing as well as speaking. For the entity has the abilities in these directions, as has been indicated.
32. (Q) Should I become affiliated with the work of any of the following: Glenn Clark? [Camps Farthest Out] (A) As indicated, ALL of these.
Glenn Clark is a most excellent channel, for personal experience through health, through all forms of its activity – but not as a member of the group. As a co-worker with same, yes.
33. (Q) Moral Re-Armament? [Oxford Group – Frank Buchman] (A) Again, here we will find a question mark after SOME of the activities in this group. DO NOT become too CLOSELY associated. As warnings, as helpful – yes; but not as an identified member.
34. (Q) Flower Newhouse? (A) Again we have a most excellent channel, following close on that of Glenn Clark’s work under another name; and it is well to become affiliated with these, as an exponent of same rather than as a member, see?
35. (Q) Mother Moss? (A) This again – there are elements here not wholly Christian, yet in their outward appearance appear so. Help may be given here, but not as an identified member.
36. (Q) Threefold Movement? [Rudolf Steiner – Ralph Courtney – Anthroposophical Society] (A) Here again, there are phases of same that are excellent. Here is an excellent place for rest, for recuperation, for study – yes; as rather a student of same, but not an identified member.
37. (Q) Association for Research & Enlightenment, Inc.? (A) This is identified with the Christian forces. Hold fast to the basic principles in that phase of same. There may be help there, but not as identified with same. This is the identification – the Christ-like principle!
38. (Q) Any church organization? (A) All that are identified with a forward movement of health, or aid in every form, yes; not as an individual member, necessarily.
39. (Q) Please give me definite guidance as to where I should place my possessions so that they will do the greatest amount of good; that is: My Library? (A) Here, this might be divided; and there are many groups, many activities where the good might be accomplished.
That of Boys’ Town would be well for several phases of same.
The Greenwich School [Greenwich, Conn.] would be well for parts of same. [Mrs. Beulah H. Emmet – Miss Elizabeth Langley]
The Association group library would be well for much of same.
40. (Q) The Berry School? [Mt. Berry, Ga.] (A) Very good also.
41. (Q) The furniture which I designed myself? (A) Most might be accomplished with this in Boys’ Town.
42. (Q) My manuscripts and unfinished writings? (A) Do not dispose of same. Work over many of these, for these will be used as the basis for much of that the entity should give to various groups and clubs, as it goes about doing good.
43. (Q) My tapestries and art objects and museum pieces? (A) Some of these do not dispose of yet. Others, where there is found to be the need, as the entity goes about in its various services, in its various helps to groups. Not as discussing with them, but meeting their needs for the various things as will be found.
44. (Q) Should I have a real home again? (A) Have a real home, or where it would be as headquarters – where the entity would spend most of its time when not ACTUALLY engaged in assisting various groups in portions of the country.
As is indicated here – let’s give this as a definite outline for the entity, so it may comprehend as to which group during which seasons:
There are retreats – as of the Glenn Clark movement, those also of the Newhouse movement, those also of the Association movement. These are the closest to the heart of the entity. These are the three closest to the needs of the peoples in the present; not as church, but as an active principle in the hearts and the lives of individuals in their associations one with and one to another.
Each of these have various centers, various groups that are making studies. During portions of the seasons when these are most active – in the winter be in the South and the West and the Southwest. In the spring be in the central portions. And in the summer in Maine, in California, in Washington state, in Ohio – in the various portions of the land, see? But some place – as Virginia Beach or Norfolk or environs, or Richmond – as home.
45. (Q) Is Virginia Beach to be safe? (A) It is the center – and the only seaport and center – of the White Brotherhood.
46. (Q) Regarding my health: Please advise what should be done for the following: Pain and soreness in lower back and right side? (A) This is a bit of an old disturbance that needs a few good hydrotherapytreatments, and then the general exercise. These we would have at Reilly’s, when again in New York. Three or four should be sufficient.
These should include the Cabinet Sweats, with a Fume Bath of an equal quantity – teaspoonful each – of Peanut Oil and Witchhazel. Then the general rubdown and the thorough massage, with special reference to the areas from the 6th dorsal downward. Of course, a colonic should be included also.
48. (Q) It is very painful there. (A) This, of course, is the pressure from poisons. Do not let them accumulate. Hence the sooner the hydrotherapy treatments are given the better for all conditions, see?
50. (Q) Itching sensation, as of insects, in small circle on leg? (A) This is the tendency of poor circulation, produced by what might be called a hindrance between superficial and deeper circulation. With the general massage this, too, should be cared for. Massage the area occasionally with Peanut Oil.
51. (Q) Sensation as of ice water running down leg? (A) The change in the circulation, and all of this should be cared for under those activities in the directions indicated, see?
52. (Q) Constant drowsiness unless busy working? (A) This is from toxic forces in the system. Hence these need to be removed through those channels or manners indicated.
53. (Q) What diet should I follow, or what method of treatment, to eliminate these poisons? (A) A general diet, well balanced. Of course, keep away from sweets. Have plenty of vegetables and fruit juices, especially tomato juice, kraut juice; and citrus fruit juices of morning, or at times at night. Then the general diet, but turning more to vegetables than to meats, of course.
Refrain from pastries or pies or cakes or the like. Stress rather in the diet all foods that are rich in Vitamin B-1 (such as all foods that are yellow in color).
54. (Q) Will my health permit me to continue the work I should do? (A) We would not have outlined it otherwise – we would have given the health first!
Look to Him who is the Giver of all good and perfect gifts; and in thy own words, thy own manner, let thy prayer be oft on this order: LORD, HERE AM I – THY SERVANT, THY HANDMAID; SHE WHO NOURISHED THEE IN THE FLESH, SEEKING TO FURTHER THAT LOVE THOU HAST SHOWN TO MAN.
BE THOU THE GUIDE, O LORD, THAT I MAY CHOOSE DAY BY DAY TO DO THAT THOU WOULD HAVE ME DO.
GUIDE AND DIRECT ME, FOR THY NAME SAKE.
55. We are through for the present.
Copy to Self » » Ass’n file le
Report OF READING 1152-11 F ADULT
R1. 9/9/41 She obtained another Mental-Spiritual, asking questions – 1152-12.
R2. 4/59 A.R.E. BULLETIN Vol. II, No. 4
STARR DAILY TO TEACH AT 1959 SUMMER SCHOOL [Photo included]
First 2-Week Session July 19 Thru August 1
Persons attending the first 2-week session of A.R.E.’s 1959 summer school will have the opportunity to hear both lectures and classes by Starr Daily, celebrated lecturer and author of many books on applied spiritual principles.
On such subjects as the power of prayer and meditation. Mr. Daily speaks with the authority of experience. The story of his years spent as an inmate of various prisons, and the spiritual transformation that made him a brilliant witness to the regenerating power of Divine love, has thrilled audiences across the continent.
The first session program will feature two evening lectures by Starr Daily – July 23 and 30. He will also conduct two, 2-hour classes on « How to Pray » – mornings of July 25 and August 1.
Other Able Instructors
The roster of lecturers and teachers for the first session will include new names as well as many familiar to A.R.E. audiences. Some of these are: Elsie Sechrist, Margueritte Briggs, Nell Clairmonte, Robert L. Cox, Eula Allen, Lydia Schrader Gray, Esther Wynne, Helen Love, Herbert Puryear and Hugh Lynn Cayce.
A detailed program of the entire summer school month is being issued. [11/14/73 See GD’s note under 311-6, Par. R4 in re Glenn Clark, Starr Daily and the Camps Farthest Out group.]
R3. 11/10/68 THE VIRGINIAN – PILOT Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, and Chesapeake, Virginia, Sunday, November 10, 1968
22 STATES RATTLED BY QUAKE
No Big Damage Or Casualties By The Associated Press
A strong earthquake centered in southern Illinois shook more than a third of the United States Saturday, rolling across at least 22 states. The shock was felt by millions, and it swayed numerous buildings, but there were no immediate reports of serious damage or of any casualties. The tremor rolled out from Illinois west to Kansas and Oklahoma; east to West Virginia and the Carolinas; south to Alabama, Mississippi and Arkansas; and north to Wisconsin and Michigan.
The quake was reported in Minnesota, Arkansas, Illinois, Ohio, Tennessee, Missouri, Kansas, Georgia, Kentucky, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Indiana, Nebraska, Iowa, Alabama, Mississippi, Wisconsin, Michigan, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and South Dakota.
The National Earthquake Information Center in Washington, D.C., located the epicenter of the quake – the point on the earth’s surface directly above the shock – as 120 miles east of St. Louis, Mo., at 38.5 degrees north, 88 degrees west. That is in Illinois near the Indiana state line.
First reports had indicated the epicenter was at New Madrid, Mo., the heart of disastrous tremors in 1811-1812.
Carl von Hake, acting chief of the center, said the quake had a magnitude of 5.5 on the 10-point Richter scale. The usual damage level is 6.
A built-up, populated area can experience damage from a quake that registers less than 6. Because the quake hit a wide and populated area, Von Hake characterized it as strong.
The 1964 earthquake that devastated much of Alaska registered about 8.5 on the Richter scale.
Large buildings in St. Louis swayed noticeably for about 10 seconds after the quake struck. A seismograph report from Xavier University in Cincinnati said the shock was recorded at 12:03.30 p.m. EST.
There were widespread reports of swaying buildings, trembling walls and desks moving. There were scattered reports of minor damage, cracked windows, broken plaster and falling objects.
« I was trying to hold onto the kitchen wall, » said a woman in Princeton, Mo. « I thought a truck had hit the house. »
In Chicago, Loyala University, which has a seismograph, said the disturbance was only a tremor. A woman living on the city’s South Side said, however, « I was petrified. The whole place was shaking. It was an earthquake. »
A North Omaha, Neb., resident said, « My whole house shook, » and in nearby Omaha, a man on the eighth floor of an office building said the shock was « quite noticeable. » He said the building swayed and « seemed like it moved two inches. »
Although there did not appear to be any major damage, authorities in some areas were taking no chances of unseen cracks or breaks appearing latter and causing accidents.
Chicago & North Western Railroad closed its drawbridge over the Missouri River at Clinton, Iowa. It said it would run no trains over the bridge until it had been checked for possible damage.
Buildings were evacuated in several areas and occupants of upper floors of tall buildings rushed to lower levels when the quake began.
Tremors lasted varying amounts of time. Paducah, Ky., reported a shock of about 40 seconds. Paducah is located near 20,000-acre Reelfoot Lake, formed by the earthquake of 1811-12. Xavier University timed the quake at eight to nine minutes long.
Most people did not realize what was happening at first.
« I thought somebody was behind me rocking my chair, » said C. Alvin Simmons, deputy sheriff at Lafayette, Ga., who was sitting in his office at the Walker County Jail when the first tremor was felt.
Then, said Simmons, « I looked out the window and the wires running into the building made me realize – this jail’s shaking. »
Frank Osborn, mayor of Monette, Ark., where the tremors lasted 20 to 30 seconds, said, « Buildings were shaking and seemed to be changing positions. »
1 Fault Can Move Another
PASADENA, Calif. (UPI) – The first documented case of an earthquake on one geologic fault – a fracture in the earth’s crust – causing movements on other faults was reported Saturday by the California Institute of Technology.
Max Wyss, a graduate research assistant in geophysics at the Caltech Seismology Laboratory, reported on a study of a 6.5 magnitude earthquake at Southern California’s Borrego Mountain in San Diego County last April 8.
This was the largest tremblor in Southern California in 15 years and Wyss said:
« We’ve found that it apparently caused movements on at least three other faults miles away. This appears to be the first documented case of one fault causing movements on other faults. It implies that damage to structures on or near earthquake faults may occur even though the earthquake is centered on some other distant fault. »
On the same subject, Dr. Clarence R. Allen, acting chairman of Caltech’s Division of Geology, said the main Borrego shock « apparently triggered small displacements on other faults as far as 50 miles from the epicenter. This triggering of the fault by another is a very surprising and in some ways disconcerting discovery, inasmuch as it vastly increases our estimate of the probability of displacements on the many small faults cutting the California landscape. »
R4. See Source File Key #1152 in re earthquakes articles in Virginian-Pilot 11/68.
R5. 2/10-12/69 TIMES-PICAYUNE
Quakes Could Hit Unusual Areas
A recently revised U.S. Department of Commerce map has listed some unusual areas of the U.S. where, according to past records, earthquakes have hit hardest, and where there is the greatest potential for future damaging quakes.
It shouldn’t shake anyone to learn that California is on the list – but what about Boston!
California and Western Nevada comprise one of the seven areas where major quake damage may occur. Florida, Texas, and a portion of Alabama and Mississippi bordering the Gulf of Mexico are safe. Other areas potentially and historically subject to heavy damage are the Boston area of Massachusetts, the region around Charleston, S.C., the northern part of states bordering the St. Lawrence River, a portion of Missouri, a belt running north from Utah through Idaho and Montana, and the western part of the state of Washington.
R6. 6/18/71 U.S. Dept. of Commerce NAT’L OCEANIC & ATMOSPHERIC ADMINISTRATION BULLETIN (page 4):
40 Acres of Shoreline Slides into Lake; Lake Survey Field Teams Examine Damage
The Sleeping Bear Dunes area, located along Lake Michigan’s northeastern shore, with its miles of rolling sand dunes, is a popular Michigan Tourist attraction. Earlier this spring, an estimated 40 acres slid into the Lake with little or no warning. The area is rather thinly populated, particularly at that time of year, so there was no loss of life and damage was considered minor. The sheer volume involved altered the shoreline configuration and changed the water-depths in the nearshore area. In order to find any possible hazards to navigation resulting from the slide and to provide data on the general effect of the slide on lake depths in the area, a special survey is being conducted by Lake Survey Center. After establishing the necessary horizontal control, the field team, headed by Teddy Kuchciak, is now conducting sounding surveys near where the slide occurred. Recreational craft traffic in the area is fairly heavy in the summer, so the work is being done essentially in response to the needs of safe navigation. [See 1152-11, Par. 20, « The waters of of the lakes will empty into the gulf. »]
R7. 3/22/72 Shelbyville (Tenn.) Times-Gazette, Wednesday Afternoon
Scientist Predicts Major Earth Quake
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) – A major earth quake is more than a possibility, it’s a probability in the Central Mississippi Valley, according to Dr. Fred Followill, director of the seismological observatory at the University of Mississippi.
« We can’t forecast earthquakes, but the same as the weather bureau can look at the average climate of an area, we can look at the average seismic climate over a period and tell what has been happening…and expect recurrence, » he said. He said statistical return periods have been established for various types of earth quakes, « but whether we have been correct, I guess mother nature will tell us… »
Dr. Followill’s prime area of observation if the New Madrid Fault.
Little noted outside the area, the fault is thought to extend from, Ill., to somewhat south of Memphis.
It is of interest because in 1811-1812 it was the scene of what researchers say was the most violent earth tremor ever on the North America contient.
That tremor was really three separate major quakes, now lumped together as the New Madrid Earthquake, and Followill said contemporary reports say the ground continued to shake for years.
Followill’s worry, and he says it disturbs him considerably, is the possibility of another major quake in the area – an area where there have been few if any preparations for earthquake.
Studies in China and Japan over the past 2,000 years, he said, indicate that energy builds up over periods of time in fault areas, and then is released over a short period of time, in a tremor. The last major earthquake in this area was at Charleston, Mo., in 1895 and was of an intensity that could recur every 100 years. That was 77 years ago.
As for a major quake like that in 1812, however, Followill feels it has been building up ever since.
« But, » he says, « we do not know how much energy was released then, or how fast it has been accumulating. »
Based on his statistical evidence, Dr. Followill indicates, there is a 90 per cent chance of another earthquake of 1895 magnitude within 20 years.
For this reason he has been encouraging work on quake resistant design for buildings, and suggested that the government establish a new network of seismographs in the area.
Neither proposal has net with much acceptance, however, since both are expensive.
St. Louis University has three seismographic stations in Northwest Tennessee, the area that was the epicenter of the New Madrid earthquake, he said.
Followill says his instruments have recorded more than 50 minor tremors along the Central Mississippi Valley in the past six months, although only three of them were strong enough to be felt by the public.
The epicenter of that 1811-12 series of tremors was reportedly near Tiptonville, Tenn.
It listed up a 100 square mile area to form the Tiptonville Dome and lowered a 30 square mile area, forming Reelfoot Lake.
Major destruction was reported at New Madrid and Little Prairie (now Caruthersville), Mo. Memphis had not yet been founded.
Diaries dating from the time tell of the land thrown into great rolling heaves, like the long swell of the seas. Many of the ground swells burst apart at their crest. Some spewed up countless tons of sand and water. Others left cracks more than 100 feet deep.
Moderate damage was reported in St. Louis, Cincinnati and Louisville and minor damage as far away as Columbia, S.C., and Savannah, Ga.
The Mississippi River rose six feet within a few minutes and for a time ran upstream.
R8. 3/19/73 Monday, Ledger-Star
« …Dr. Gilbert A. Bollinger of Virginia Tech… ‘The risk of an earthquake in Norfolk is quite low. The threat is real but minor’.
« …There have been earthquakes in Norfolk. The city has had at least four since 1816. According to Tech’s Department of Geological Sciences, a fifth tremor took place shortly before noon on April 19, 1918… » [See Source File Key #1152 in re 1152-11 for complete article in Ledger-Star, Columnist Larry Bonko « IS NORFOLK SAFE from earthquakes? »] R9. 3/30/73 Norfolk VIRGINIAN-PILOT
GEODETIC SURVEY VERDICT
Tidewater Going Down, Down, Down
NORFOLK – We’re sinking.
The city has sunk almost five inches sines 1934, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration reported this week.
If our sinking spell continues at its current rate, NOAA says, we’ll be down more than a foot six decades from now.
In that case, the Commerce Department agency warns, our coastline may be much farther inland, since we’re so flat and so near sea level.
The rest of Tidewater is in the same sinking boat, NOAA says, Portsmouth has sunk four-tenths of a foot in the last 40 years, for example.
NOAA’s National Geodetic Survey team didn’t measure the subsidence (that’s the technical term for sinking) of Chesapeake or Virginia Beach, but they’re certain to share our fate, whatever it may be. The NOAA survey, which took a year, indicates that the entire area surrounding Chesapeake Bay has fallen from 1 1/2 to 6 inches since 1934.
The survey, which covered 1,034 miles of bay shoreland, was requested by the Army Corps of Engineers as part of its evaluation of the bay’s resources.
The survey cost $375,000 and covered 17 localities from Norfolk to Dover, Del.
Smithfield was found to be sinking fastest. It has slipped half a foot since the 1934 measurements, and would be nearly 1 1/2 feet lower by 2034 at the current rate.
Williamsburg is No. 2 on the sinking list, falling .46 of a foot with a projected fall of 1.32 feet in the next 60 years.
R10. 5/9/73 Wednesday, ALBUQUERQUE JOURNAL
Scientists Ponder Coastline Craters NORFOLK, Va. (AP) – Scientists have discovered hundreds of craters, some as large as a mile in diameter, in coastal areas from New Jersey to Florida, and people have been constructing buildings in them without realizing they were there.
Some of the craters may still be forming, says Dr. David E. Pettry of the agronomy department of Virginia Tech at Blacksburg, Va., who is studying the formations with scientists from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
PETTRY indicated the higher the crater is above sea level, the older it probably is. Homeowners living in the center of one, he said, don’t necessarily have anything to worry about.
« We can’t tell if there would be any danger, » Pettry said. « But we have found no indication of any instability. »
The craters, from 200 to 300 feet to a mile across, first were noticed in 1917 along Virginia’s Eastern Shore, the long finger of land that separates the Chesapeake Bay from the Atlantic Ocean.
SINCE THEN a number of theories on their origin have developed, including a rain of huge meteors.
NASA became involved in the crater study when high-altitude photographs in 1971 showed just how common and widespread the formations are along the east coast.
« People can live on the rim of one and never see it until you point it out to them, » Pettry said.
VIRGINIA’S Eastern Shore has become the focal point of the study because the craters are so prevalent there. More than 150 have been noted in that area, ranging from sea level to as high as 40 feet above sea level.
Those nearest the water apparently still are forming, leading Pettry to note that all researchers who have studied the formations « have agreed that water has something to do with, or is responsible for, the formations. »
J. Holland Scott Jr. of NASA’s Wallops Station staff on the Eastern Shore said he believes the craters probably are due « to some tidal phenomenon. »
ON THE Eastern Shore, which Pettry says was under as much as a mile of water in prehistoric times, early settlers often built their homes along the higher rims of the craters without realizing they were there. Roads dating back to those times often naturally follow the rims.
Pettry said he could see no danger to buildings constructed in the centers of the craters, since modern technology has nearly ruled out the possibility the depressions are caused by settling of the land.
But, he said, « They will affect land use. » The high-lying rims are « more conducive » to certain types of construction, the scientist said.
R11. 12/16/74 Virginian-Pilot, Monday
Mid-U.S. Quake ‘Possible’
Geophysicist Recalls Past
WASHINGTON (UPI) –
One hundred sixty-three years ago today, a great earthquake devastated parts of the Mississippi Valley and awakened people as far away as Pittsburgh and Norfolk. A geophysicist said that the same thing could happen again.
The shock occurred about 2 a.m. Dec. 16, 1811, and was followed by two quakes just as severe in January and February 1812, to create what Dr. Otto W. Nuttli said « must have been the most frightening sequence of earthquakes ever to occur in the United States. »
Nuttli, professor at St. Louis University, estimated from newspaper accounts of the damage and from the vast area covered that the quakes had a magnitude of about 8 on the Richter scale. That would be almost in the class of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.
Because the Earth’s crust tends to soak up earthquake energy in the West, but not in the East, the Mississippi Valley quakes had the potential for damaging much greater areas. Nuttli said in a telephone interview that slight-to-moderate seismic activity continues in the central Mississippi Valley.
He said this indicates that a very large tremor could occur again. He said there now is no way to predict when such quakes would again hit the area, but he said that a similar earthquake could strike as soon as tomorrow or as late as several thousand years from now. A small magnitude 4 tremor occurred last April.
« Perhaps the greatest danger of all arises from the sense of complacency or perhaps total ignorance about the potential threat of a large earthquake, » Nuttli said. He noted that people in the central an eastern states are far less aware of tremors than Californians.
Nuttli said that the number of deaths from the 1811 quakes is unknown but he said that the toll probably was not large because the area was sparsely populated. Log cabins in the area withstood the shaking well, but chimneys were reported down as far away as Louisville, Ky.
« The scene was one of devastation in an area which is now the southeast part of Missouri, the northeast part of Arkansas, the southwest part of Kentucky, and the northwest part of Tennessee, » Nuttli said in an article in the Earthquake Information Bulletin published by the U.S. Geological Survey.
Land in one area was lifted about 10 feet, fissures formed which were so broad that they could not be crossed by horseback, and previously rich prairie land was ruined for farming.
Nuttli said that entire Mississippi River islands disappeared, river channels were cut apart, water spouted from fissures and many boats capsized, drowning an unknown number of people.
February – The shock apparently was centered near the town of New Madrid, Mo., with the earlier quakes centered farther south. Nuttli said the fault planes on which the ruptures occurred appear to have paralleled the Mississippi River.
R12. See Source File Key #270 for New York Times articles concerning California earthquakes re 270-35.
R13. See Source File Key #195 for 11/27/95 Virginian-Pilot article on 1995 hurricane season in Hampton Roads re 195-32. R14. See Source File Key #1152 for Friday 7/12/96 The Virginian-Pilot article concerning quake in Virginia Beach area re 1152-11.
Cette lecture est abordée par Wyman Harrison et Jonathan Eagle dans deux articles alors que cette auteure utilisait un pseudonyme, ce qui a changé ensuite :
Une illustration de la véracité des lectures se trouve sur le site de l’American Oil and Gas Historical Society. Je viens de faire cette copie, après qu’un enregistrement a été fait tandis que j’en prenais l’adresse :
Le seul fait que Cayce ait pu en même temps accéder à des données qui justifie cette présence, et à des données telles que celles présentées dans la 2364-1, que je te copie signe une détermination à refuser d’entendre tout ce qui éloigne du crime, le refuse. Cette lecture est citée dans un dossier réalisé par l’ARE, et disponible en ligne, qui s’intitule Peace by Choice :
Background OF READING 2364-1 F ADULT
B1. 8/4/31 Life Reading was given for her 9 yr. old son .
TEXT OF READING 2364-1 F 27 (Protestant)
This psychic reading given by Edgar Cayce at his office, 105th Street & Ocean, Virginia Beach, Va., this 2nd day of September, 1931, in accordance with request made by her mother, Mrs. .
P R E S E N T
Edgar Cayce; Gertrude Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno. Mrs. , Mrs. Underwood, Mildred Davis and L. B. Cayce.
R E A D I N G
Born March 4, 1904, on Colley Avenue, in Norfolk, Virginia. Time of Reading 4:20 P. M. Eastern Standard Time. Washington, D.C. (Life Reading Suggestion)
1. EC: Yes, we have the entity, , and those relations with the universe and universal forces, as are latent and manifested in the present personality and individuality of the entity.
2. In entering the present experience, we find the entity coming under the astrological influences of Pisces, and Venus, Neptune, Mercury, Jupiter. These, as we find, have an influence that may be made either for good or bad in the entity’s present experience, THROUGH the application of the will as respecting the application of self in its various spheres of experience.
3. In Pisces, with the cusps near, we find one with a tendency for an unusual ability in an industrious way and manner. The ENTITY must ever be busy! Whether doing good or doing bad, it MUST keep busy! In those influences also there are those tendencies for the special interests in those conditions as relate to the spiritual life, the moral life, and the home life. Hence, as to the application of self RESPECTING those influences, will bring that as may be made for weal or woe.
4. With the ideals as come through those of Venus, a LOVABLE disposition; one easily making friends, yet – with all – a tendency that must be warred against, of the inclination of selfish interests; not that these may not be warred against, nor that self may not apply itself in a way and manner – but as to the ideal as is set before self, this will make for that as will be builded as a life that must be gratified in those things that partake of earth, or whether those that partake of the spiritual life, those that partake of the mental life. Hence the ideals that the entity sets before self, the goals the entity expects and attempts to attain, will make for those conditions as will bring that that makes for contentment and peace, or whether they bring those conditions that with use wear away. Oft has it been said, and WELL were it that all consider friendships and loves that are builded on peace GROW, while those things that partake of earth become weather-worn, and with age unfit, unuseful; yet those that partake of those things that bespeak of the abilities that come with love IN its higher sense BUILD, grow more beautiful as time, age, comes on. In this, then, will the entity do well, that those things that become as the thoughtful portions of its activities, in the little things that the body busies itself with, that they partake more and more of that not ALWAYS as SACRIFICES; for, as has oft been said, no longer does the Higher Forces, or God, call for sacrifice; rather that ye love one another, even with that love as was shown in the gift of the HOLY One, that we through Him might have access TO the Father, TO the throne of mercy and of grace! In giving, living, BEING – then – that as draws nearer to those characterizations in activities in and out before men, may ALL – even as this entity – find that peace, that contentment, that comes with knowing that the whole armor is put on, having the feet shod with a joyous message, having on the helmet of light, with hands ever ready to lend a HELPING hand to EVERYONE, in EVERY manner. In THIS characterization of an ideal may the entity meet and make for those developments IN the present, that are characterized in those influences IN Neptune; not as mysteries not understood, but rather as being, living, doing, those things THROUGH those channels that BRINGS the understanding of the glorious love of Him, shed in a world of sin!
5. In the appearances, and the effect these have had, do have, WILL have upon the entity’s present experience:
6. In the one then before this we find in this PRESENT land, in that period when there were the settlings in the land and the buildings about that now known as the old capital. The entity then among those who, in that early period, aided in the establishing of those of the schools in that place, being then among those that taught, Page being the name, in those that became leaders in the land, and the entity shed abroad much good in the land, and may enjoy in the present – or may find fault in the present with – that as was BUILDED by self in the lives of those the ENTITY taught. In the present we find those of that particular period have a peculiar influence, a peculiar interest. Oft the entity feels as having been a portion of same, yet from those things that came in the latter portion with rebellious forces the entity feels so far, so little, so unable to be a portion of same. This is through the fear as has been builded by associations that have brought fears in the present experience of entity; yet will must be established, and the ideal set before self, that the building may be true, as it was in that experience.
7. In the one then before this we find in that period when there were turmoils and strifes in the land now known as the Spanish land, when there were the unsettlings of the land by the changes wrought in the religious cults and forces of the land. The entity then among those who suffered in the persecutions that arose, and in the name Carlois did the entity gain and lose; for with the persecutions came doubts, came fears, and the gratification rather of that that protected self in the flesh rather than that that would protect in the mental and the spiritual being did the entity cling to for the time, and this – when it had borne fruit – became cankerous to the heart of the entity. In the present, as is seen, the unstableness at times as respecting the various religious influences as arise; for doubts come, doubts go, doubts arise – yet, will there be set that as was seen in the one before this, there will be the safeness in that haven of peace as comes with the knowledge of the Faithful One.
8. In the one then before this we find in that land as was trod by the Holy One, in Mount Seir did the entity dwell, and a priestess of those that established the Mount and the worship in the temple there. That at the time being a combination of that taught in Dan and Beersheba by those that brought the dissolution of the kingdom and those that re-established in the land under the return of those of Zerubbabel, and with the establishing the entity became one of the priestesses of the temple in Mount Seir. THEN in the name Mirian. The entity through this experience gained, for being true to those tenets as were taught, as were given, using that knowledge as was gained, and the entity – when it asked of the Master (and whose daughter was healed by same), and the answer as was given, that « Doth not the servants – even the dogs – eat at the master’s table? » brought that that was said of her in that period, « I have found faith not so great even in Israel. » In THIS new found faith came many blessings to many peoples, and the entity gained throughout THAT experience. In the present, while doubts arise, may again the entity hold fast to that as was attained in that experience, and know the peace, the joy, the understanding, even in the home life, as in those of the secular things of life, that that knowledge, that peace, that application of that love shown, will bring the joys that are not obtained in ANY other way; for, as was given, « He that attempts to climb up some other way is a thief and a robber. »
9. In the one then before this we find in that land known as the Ohum land, or Peruvian land. Here we find the entity AMONG those of the Ohums [Aymaras], and the entity heading much of those portions as dealt with the developments of the cults, as were called, in establishing home, in establishing estates, in establishing the various portions of the land, in its relationships one to another. Not as a priestess, not as a ruler; RATHER as one that gathered here and there for the better relationships with those peoples in the land. From this the entity in its present experience finds an interest in many various relationships, and a leader EVER would the entity be in various groups that the entity may associate itself with; shy at times in the present, from many of the uprisings and downsittings through which the entity in its innate self has passed, yet in this field – as in the home – may the entity succeed the most, in that – once set in the ideal and in the application of same – would the entity set self to become a leader in any group, or in the home, may the best come in THIS experience. KEEP those words as of old, « Go in peace, thy desire is made known unto thee. » Ready for questions.
10. (Q) Would she be happy if she married […] [ex-husband] again? [Father of her son, ] (A) Only were the IDEALS set will the body be happy. Follow those, and make or have conformity in the home life, in the secular life, in the business life, to THOSE first. Will these be made, happiness and contentment will come to the entity.
11. (Q) In the period when she was in Mount Seir, was her present mother  with her then? (A) Her present mother then an aide to her in her work and teachings after the conversion, as it would be termed in the present, of each.
12. That is all the questions.
13. We are through for the present.
Je reste très étonnée par ce que j’observe de l’ARE et qui est en décalage radical avec les lectures de Cayce. Que 11000 d’entre elles aient disparu, alors que David Kahn les évoquait en 1968 donne à penser à disparition d’un nombre important depuis, ce qui est foncièrement inacceptable. Par ailleurs, si je regarde les circulating files en ligne, à nouveau le décalage est majeur. Rien de ce qui est énoncé n’est appliqué. Mais c’est dans cet article que j’ai vu ces mots qui reprennent la lecture 244-2:
Will our lifespan, as human beings, be extended?
We know that humans are now living longer than at the time of Edgar Cayce, but his readings seem to indicate that a healthy human lifespan would extend years beyond that which we are currently living.
“Now, we find there are many changes in the body since we have had this – many for good. Many of the organs and the conditions show the changes as come about by the natural, or so called natural conditions in changes as the body succumbs to the effects of age or usage in the system. Much of this may be overcome. (Man should live much longer than has been ordinarily given – and will!)”
— Edgar Cayce reading 244-2
cette lecture les a plus intéressés que la 5756-2 :
READING 5756-2 December 3, 1926
Background OF READING 5756-2 F
B1. 12/3/26 This reading was volunteered by EC [without suggestion given to obtain it] at conclusion of a physical reading for Mrs. .
TEXT OF READING 5756-2
This Psychic Reading given by Edgar Cayce at his office, 115 West 35th Street, Virginia Beach, Va., this 3rd day of December, 1926. [A voluntary reading, given at conclusion of 3710-1.]
P R E S E N T
Edgar Cayce; Mrs. Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno.
R E A D I N G
Time of Reading 4:20 P. M. Eastern Standard Time.
1. EC: There are many in the spirit plane that have not chosen to come back to the earth. [Mumbled so we could not hear, then:] Lincoln – There are many about us now.
Je vous embrasse fort, toi et les tiens, depuis la désolation que me provoque cette situation,
Catégorie agenda de Pike, AIPAC -Howard Khor-, angel gurria, Angela Merkel, Bernard Vergnes, Bill Gates, Boeing-Airbus-Honeywell, cabinet noir, crime, curatelle abusive obtenue sur la base de faux, Edgar Cayce, fraude, Gates senior, Gestion de crise, Giles Corey-Albert Pike-Evelyn de Rothschild, google team, harcèlement, Hasso Plattner, ICC-CPI, Jacques Attali, jacques delors, mafia Rothschid, malcolm turnbull, maltraitance des aînés, Menace nucléaire, mesure de protection utilisée comme arme, MH370, narendra modi, NASA, Nibiru, psychiatres fous, rabbins, réincarnation, robert badinter, Satya Nadella, trump-kushner | Mots-clés: alexis tsipras, chantages, christine lagarde, connerie crasse, corruption, crash Germanwings, crime organisé, erna solberg, exigence, failles de sécurité Microsoft, false flags, gouvernement mondial, hubert picot d'aligny d'assignies, jacques-antoine malarewicz, juncker, lâcheté abyssale, ma soeur Brigitte Guizard, Ma soeur Chantal Bourdarot, ma soeur François Mamet, manipulation, mon frère Jean Guihaumé, netanyahou, nicole bravard, PATHOLOGIE XXXXXXLLLLL, perversité, PUTES, roi harald, sens, simon-daniel kipman, warren buffett
Vous devez être connecté(e) pour rédiger un commentaire.